Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stabbed 28 times while watching her mother die!...a true life story with huge lessons you are yet to learn.....


I’m writing this message filled with so many intense emotions and complete humility. I simply have to share something that recently touched me to the core of my soul. It’s just a quick story that may change your perspective on your life.
I have been traveling this past week and have spoken to about 7000 young men and women. As a speaker, I enjoy the wonderful opportunity to meet many inspiring people. The other day I met an 18 year-old girl who will touch my life forever! She was so moved by my keynote speech and song “This Is My Life Story”" that it gave her the courage to come speak with me when the event was over. After waiting patiently in line for thirty minutes to meet me, she introduced herself with tears spilling down her face. It was such a raw display of emotion, I couldn’t help but cry with her.
This young lady ended up in foster care at sixteen years of age after her father fell into a fit of rage and went on a violent rampage. He stabbed and killed her mother right in front of her eyes. Horrible, yes, but it doesn’t end there. This father then attacked his own young daughter! He stabbed her twenty-eight times. She had humongous scars crisscrossing her neck, shoulders, and chest. Her father sliced her wrists so badly that the doctors who treated her said it looked like spaghetti. All the tendons and ligaments were torn to shreds. She was not expected to live, and spent over a year recovering. Three days after this terrible tragedy, her father sliced his own wrists and died. Her family is from Mexico and there was no one else to take care of her, so she ended up in foster care with her 3 year-old brother and 9 year-old sister.
We talked for a long time before we just held each other and cried. She says she is healing and has no hatred inside of her. It is unbelievable! What an inspiration! When I asked her what she wanted to do with her life. She told me she wants to go to college and become a nurse, having been inspired by the nurses who took such great care of her during the many months she was recovering from this horrific event. I gladly put her in contact with some people who may be able to provide her a full ride scholarship so that she can accomplish her dream. I want this girl to become an inspiration for others. She is my hero!!! Thanks to a great social worker, foster parents and Awesome Teachers, she is going places! She has a heart of gold and I know she will change so many lives for the better. God bless her!

No comments:

OO