Wednesday, November 20, 2013

inspirational.....from obscurity to limelight!!!...













  
  OMOBUWAJO Olubunmi Itunu, the Chief Executive Officer of BWF, AP Filling Station Complex, Sango, Ibadan, Oyo State is an example of a person whose creativity and passion in fashion designing and ready-to-wear production have brought from obscurity to the limelight, with good financial reward.

But for the need to engage herself after a serious relationship disappointment and the advice of her friend who doubled as her boss, Olubunmi, a 300 level Communications and Language Arts student of the University of Ibadan, could not have ventured into fashion designing.

Olubunmi who also has diploma in Theatre Arts from the University of Ibadan said: “Being independent has always been my passion from childhood, while I love designing and looking unique. This made my friend advise me to go for fashion designing training, which I initially turned down. I later went for it to keep myself busy and get over the trauma of the disappointment I had in a relationship.”

The Modior Fashion Gallery-trained ready-to-wear maker added that “having equipped myself with the necessary knowledge, I started BWF three years ago. Now I have notable individuals and staffers of corporate organisations on my client lists.

“I did not limit myself to producing ready-to-wear attires, but extended my tentacles to bridal wears among other areas of fashion designing, as well as teaching and impacting knowledge on others. Apart from the financial gains from sewing and teaching, I have fulfilment being independent and making people look good.

“The industry has given me a means of livelihood, dignity and some investments. I earn a lot of respect from the people around me and most importantly, it gives me happiness. I am happy when I see my customers wearing my label, when I dress people up or when I see my students doing exploits in the industry."
 by  Olaoluwa Mimiola

No comments:

OO