Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cinderella The Allure of the Lavish Wedding ! A true fairy tale....

Newly-weds Brian Bisnaught and Venisha Weir on their wedding day, December 28 - Contributed Photos

As a teenager, Venisha Weir drew a picture of how her husband would look, and years later, the man whose face fitted the image, appeared on a bus she was travelling on between Kingston and Golden Spring, St Andrew.
"I was totally swept away," she told Flair, reminiscing on her reaction, the first time she saw her prince, Brian Bisnaught.
The two, Weir, a teacher at St Theresa's All-Age and Bisnaught, a purchasing agent at Carib Cement, met eight years ago on a bus. Their path was to intertwine twice, but it took a year to complete the equation.
"The familiarity came from my childhood drawing. I was breathless when I saw him on the bus, but stayed calm. My philosophy is to never approach a guy, although, for the first time ever, I felt I needed to. However, pride wouldn't allow me," Weir confessed.
Of course, unlike women, men don't suffer from the issue of pride, so Bisnaught asked the woman who would become his wife years later, her name, when she was getting off the bus at Cross Roads in Kingston.
A name without a telephone number or an address was not enough to start a meaningful relationship, but it was enough for Cinderella and her prince to yearn for each other for all of one year. "I was so upset, since he could do nothing with my name. We both wished to find each other again, and we did exactly one year after," said the elated bride, adding that her husband initiated the conversation.
"This time, I was going a farther distance and even though shyness were our best friend, we got the opportunity to exchange more than just names; our numbers, too, this time, " she recalled.
Weir and Bisnaught exchanged vows at the Grace Missionary Church in Kingston on December 28, 2013 followed by their reception at The Knutsford Court Hotel. Their ceremony was the re-enactment of the story of Cinderella, with the bridesmaids dressed as princesses, the flower girl as a fairy and the groomsmen as princes. Of course, the groom was the ultimate Prince Charming.
The prince arrived with a single shoe in hand, in a village setting, and was announced on arrival by the messenger (the chief groomsman). Naturally, all the princesses in the village wanted the shoe to fit their feet, but only one woman would wear the coveted prize, princess Venisha.
This was a true fairy tale, Venisha Weir tells Flair, and after eight years in the relationship and giving up the chance of ever hearing the words, "Will you marry me?", Bisnaught, proposed on February 15, a day after Valentine's Day last year.
"He proposed to me at his sister's birthday party. It was a great shock, since I was looking for it on days like my birthday, our anniversary (August 31), or Valentine's Day," she quipped.
She said when it didn't come on Valentine's Day she told herself, 'Do not expect and you won't be disappointed', "So I dropped my expectation just when he dropped his question". Weir said she actually burst into tears.
"I was speechless. My shy boyfriend asked me to be his wife on bending knees in front of hundreds of strangers, friends and family."
On their wedding night they danced to the song Ella Enchanted, because, after eight years together, Venisha Weir and Brian Bisnaught remain enchanted with each other.

 By Janet Silvera
WESTERN BUREAU

No comments:

OO