Monday, March 17, 2014

Inspirational! Success stories by one of Africa's young business consultant in recent time!

Ezekiel SolesiAs a custom in awesomejasperblospot,we're ever ready to frequently dish out inspiring and motivational news and stories that have the potential to revamp destinies,one of such is the story of this young business tycoon,Ezekiel 

 I hereby present to you Ezekiel Solesi, a 28-year-old business consultant who in chat with  TOBI AWORINDE about the inspiration for and challenges of starting his firm, LIMBsimple
 all i need from  you is sit back and extract the solvent in this story.....or  you can call it interview..all thesame

Why did you go into business?
Whenever people hear my first degree is in Chemistry, they often wonder how I came about leading a business consulting firm. But I am always quick to tell them that together with my dad, I started as a manager of a soap manufacturing company, where we used pawpaw to make soaps. That was before I went to the university. So you see, the entrepreneurial influences preceded my career and choice of course of study.
I started a personal business development when I was in JSS3. I was fortunate to have great friends who encouraged me to read books and attend conferences from a tender age. So, from that time, I knew I was always going to be an entrepreneur.
I Studied Chemistry so I could fulfil my ambition of establishing my own business in the manufacturing industry. I’ve always been consumed by the desire to acquire and share knowledge. In the university, a senior friend and I started an initiative called the Purpose Group. The great thing about the Purpose Group was that it prepared people for both academic and business excellence. That platform, in many ways, is the foundation for almost everything I have achieved today.
What informed the name of your company, LIMBsimple?
It started with my book, ‘The Game of Money.’ After it was published, I got a lot of good feedback about it being a really simple book on financial education. So, with that, and the fact that the company’s name I chose first wasn’t approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission, I started to brainstorm with my girlfriend, who is now my wife. That was in November, 2011. Around that time, I wanted to start writing a free newsletter. So we started with names like “Money Made Simple.” And then I thought we could expand it to include all of the things I was always talking about. So, we expanded the newsletter to include sections on Business Made Simple; and later, Investing Made Simple. One day, after our discussion, I was leaving my girl friend’s house when she asked why I did not want to add “Life Made Simple.” That was when it hit me that we could have’ Life, Investing, Money and Business Made Simple’. T hat’s how we came about the name ‘LIMBsimple’.
What are the core values of your business?
There are four core values of the LIMBsimple, which are in tandem with my life philosophy. First, is being teachable. I am teachable and I love to work with teachable people. We all can not know everything we need to know, so being teachable is one strong value for me. The second is integrity. The word speaks for itself. Integrity, for me, is just the standard. The third value is excellence. To me, that simply means always ensuring your last work is your best. The final one is simplicity. I like everything being simple. I sometimes think that my obsession with simplicity is the reason why I dread wearing ties, except when I am facilitating a training in an organisation that considers it a huge part of its corporate identity.
What has been your greatest challenge in doing business?
I trade with knowledge. I am not going to follow the pack in saying that access to funding, or whatever, has been my greatest challenge, because I learnt early to start with what I had and I have grown from there. I started a shirt-making business in school with just N5,000. In consulting, however, the biggest challenge has been gaining the access to train and consult for the big organisations. So what have I done about it? I have worked with mentors and various collaborators to facilitate trainings for these big organisations. They do not have the LIMBsimple on their payroll yet. But I have got several opportunities to co-facilitate and execute several projects for them from the background, while I focus on building a client base from the bottom up; in essence, starting from the micro small and medium enterprises.
What is your book, ‘The Game of Money’, about?
The Game of Money is a book based on a very simple ideology. I call it the game of who is indebted to who. For example, you are wearing a nice shirt, fancy wristwatch and a good pair of shoes. All these things were bought. Even if they were given to you, someone somewhere paid for them. I try to help my readers see the big picture that for everything you buy, you are paying somebody else. For instance a soft drink company sells about a billion bottles every day. That means, every day, about a billion people pay their debt to the company. They might not know it, but sometime during the day, when they buy a bottle of the drink, they have paid their debt. Everybody owes, but the problem is that most of us wake up every morning paying everyone else and have not asked the most important question: who is paying me? In the book, I also link being paid to solving problems, because money is only a reward for solving problems.
Where do you see your business in the next 10 years?
In the next 10 years, we hope to have helped over one million businesses, entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in building and sustaining their businesses. At that time, we will have started consulting for the big companies in some African countries. Also, I will be getting ready to step down from being the CEO at the LIMBsimple, so as to transit into the real sector businesses, face my manufacturing business, and focus on some other interests that the opportunities of networking and learning will afford me. That is what 10 years from now looks like for me.
How has keeping a family challenged your business?
I married my best friend. Remember I told you how she was even responsible for the name of my company, LIMBsimple. For me, family is important. It’s just one of the reasons I had always wanted to be an entrepreneur so that I could have control of my time and have as much time as I want for the family. Besides, being married is fun. My wife, who’s also an entrepreneur, always makes me learn more and more about business, because she engages me at business strategy level. Our home is a blend of two business and life partners. I don’t think I would have wanted it differently.
What is the greatest success story of the LIMBsimple, so far?
Our greatest success story so far is the Enterprise Development Conference, which we hold in Abuja annually. To date, we have been able to help 1,200 entrepreneurs set up, grow and sustain their businesses. We adopted a different model from the one popularly used for entrepreneurial trainings here in Nigeria. Some of our products have gone on to build successful businesses from the ground zero; some have become YouWin recipients. And some have been able to build their businesses such that they have attracted investors. I would also say success stories are best told by satisfied clients. When we train an organisation and the CEO gives us feedback after about a month, saying profitability, morale, and/or productivity have doubled or tripled. That for us, is a great success story, because a satisfied client becomes an evangelist.
Who is your role model?
My biggest role models are my parents – my dad particularly. He is, for me, the epitome of the never-give-up mentality. I’ve seen him go from failure to failure, and then to success. He never, ever gives up on anything. Professionally, my role model is Niyi Adesanya.
source;THE PUNCH

No comments:

OO