Monday, September 29, 2014

watt??? Oh No, Anna Kendrick Finally Did Something Questionable!

0910_fish_anna
Anna Kendrick is one of the most charming, lovable celebrities out there, and we are so lucky to get a chance to hear her be funny and to see her be talented. Those are facts. Another fact, according to Anna herself, is that sometimes fans get a hold of her home address and then send her gifts there. And she promptly throws those gifts away, no matter how fancy they are.
Listen to this story, and be warned that it's probably going to hurt a little, and then we'll talk about how maybe Anna isn't as perfect as we thought:

“I got [a gift] with, like, a really long letter about how he really felt like we should be together, and if I would just give him a chance, and he didn’t want to do it over social media because he thought that would pressure me because it was public … he [wanted] to be a gentleman. And he, uh, sent me a pair of diamond earrings ... For real diamond earrings. I did go and check. And I was just like, these have to go into the trash. I can’t. I cannot. I cannot wear them. I can’t give them to someone. It’s too weird. If the teddy bear goes in the trash, these go in the trash. Just on principle. So, I had to throw them away. If you send something to my house, it’s going in the trash.”
Now look, this is fair. The letter did sound creepy, and it's totally appropriate for her to be weirded out. That's fine. But to actually just throw a pair of diamond earrings in the trash, that kind of hurts, doesn't it? Obviously she wouldn't want to wear them, but someone else might have been all right with it. She could have donated them somewhere, to someone who never had a chance to have such pricey jewelry, or she could have just left them out in public for someone to find, someone that never had to be aware of their sketchy origins. But to trash something that could be worth so much to someone -- someone could sell them for food money, anything -- just seems a little too intense.
We still love you, Anna, but next time, maybe think it through a little more

No comments:

OO