Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Touching: Victoria Beckham took to Twitter on Tuesday to share pictures of meeting women and babies in Soweto during her UN charity trip

Touching: Victoria Beckham took to Twitter on Tuesday to share pictures of meeting women and babies in Soweto during her UN charity tripMaking it official: Victoria was presented with her goodwill ambassador certificate by executive director of Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS, Michel Sidibe

Victoria Beckham has joined the likes of Angelina Jolie, Emma Watson and Leonardo DiCaprio to be named a new UN International Goodwill Ambassador.
And on Tuesday, the former Spice Girl took to Twitter to post touching pictures of her time meeting women and babies during her trip to South Africa this week.

New duties: Last month, the star travelled to New York, where she was officially announced in her role
The 40-year-old star has travelled to Soweto on behalf of the UNAIDS campaign and her pal's Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Tweeting a photo of herself holding a young baby, she spoke of the work the EJAF had done removing the HIV virus from babies in utero from infected mothers.
She wrote: ‘In the last 3 years @ejaf have helped over 60,000 mothers give birth to HIV free babies. X vb.’

Ladies first: The singer-turned-designer also met with a group of young women as she performed her duties
The mother-of-four tweeted another image of her talking to two women in a clinic, writing: ‘Visiting Nhlanhla in Soweto discussing the protection of babies against HIV x vb.’
The star – who missed the opening of her London fashion store to be there – said she felt her public profile meant she had a duty to do more about woman’s health.
Passionate: During her speech at the UN, Victoria said she was 'very passionate' about the cause
At the press conference in New York, she said: ‘I am mother and I am a woman. I will do whatever I can to raise awareness. I feel very passionate about this.
'I recently visited South Africa and was so touched by the women I met and felt inspired. I came home and I knew I had to do something.
'It's taken me to get to 40 to realise I have a responsibility as a woman and as a mother. For some reason people will listen to me. This is the beginning of an incredible journey for me.
Hard at work: The former Spice Girls uploaded more shots on Twitter of herself in Soweto, South Africa, on UN goodwill ambassador duties on Sunday
'I have people mentoring me. I am going back to South Africa in a few weeks and then further afield next year.
Hard at work;The former Spice Girls uploaded more shots on Twitter of herself in Soweto, South Africa, on UN goodwill ambassador duties on Sunday(DailyMail)

No comments:

OO