Friday, October 31, 2014

Apple CEO, here's what Everyone should read on what Tim Cook has to say about sexuality



Apple CEO Tim Cook has publicly spoken out about his sexuality for the first time, writing in an essay for Bloomberg “let me be clear:saying: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.”
Cook writes that while discussing his private life publicly was not an “easy choice” he is speaking out as the CEO of one of the world’s biggest companies amid a climate where “public figures who have bravely come out have helped change perceptions and made our culture more tolerant”
- and where intolerance in America still exists.

Countless people, particularly kids, face fear and abuse every day because of their sexual orientation.
Acording to cook, he said "I don’t consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I’ve benefited from the sacrifice of others. So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy.
Tim Cook

Across the world being gay is illegal in almost 76 countries, according to a 2013 report from the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association and is punishable by death in five of them. In his essay, Cook points out that in some American states people can be fired purely because of their sexuality and landlords can evict tenants for being gay.(i100)
do you find anything interesting in what Cook has said here???

No comments:

OO