Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Always trust your gut instinct".talented young designer behind colourful faux fur fashion label Shrimps, Miss Weiland advises upcoming designers





 surfing through the net this morning I came across this interview with, Hannah Weiland, a talented young designer behind  all the colourful faux fur fashion label Shrimps,with several of her collections in many stores  including Selfridges for the first time .Here in the interview by Vogue she tries saying so many things including how  she will be on the schedule at London Fashion Week this September. stay with us for the rest of the interview after the cut



How did you get your break in the industry?

I don't really know how it happened! I think it was probably the combination of a unique idea, luck and Laura Bailey wearing my first sample to LFW.

What advice would you give to aspiring designers?

Always trust your gut instinct. 

Who is your fashion idol?

My 90-year-old Nana, she has a different colour theme for every outfit.

What's your can't-live-without item of clothing at the moment?

My pink glitter desert boots and my Shrimps pink Ivana scarf, they're the best combination.

Do you have any tips for how to make faux fur work for summer styles?

Yes, wear faux fur with bare legs or in the evening. I love being cosy even in the summer, it's my favourite feeling. 

What's next for Shrimps?

Exciting new materials and lots more colour, coats and accessories.
see some of her work here....







more Grace to her elbow..

No comments:

OO