Thursday, October 8, 2015

SIZE STIGMATIZATION : A BEAUTY OR A CURSE?..PLEASE AIR YOUR VIEWS





From a female LIB reader
2 days ago,a young beautiful beloved friend of mine whom I love so much sent this personal story of herself which came up as a result of how one of her friends was bullied and shamed because she's fat; on taking a close look at the  situation,we've decided to  make it public so that,a lasting solution can be adopted in putting this kind of issues under control especially now now that a lot of young people have died by committing  suicide because of this. 
According to Kelly  she got so upset about the fat shaming(complete story below),because,she'd love to let people know about what words can do to people. Not only about fat shaming but bullying in general. in the process of trying to correct the guy, according to kelly, she  got bitched at because she stuck up for one of her friends the other day when a guy called her "fat". Well yes , kelly was disgusted tho'  but not just because of her friend alone,but, because she's had similar experience earlier,and it wasn't a good experience cos in the end she diabetic in her quest to reduce fat,the question we are now asking is,Since when did being fat or slender become a criteria for socializing ?why consider my body size and not my character?does my body size define my personality? ;to cut the long talk short, here's kelly's true life story:-
My name is Kelly (not real name) am 24 years old i live in Pennsylvania together with my mom dad and my siblings...am currently running a program in  one of the  institutions in the US;Precisely 5-years ago I started getting called "fat" from different people including people in my family and peers. I was already going through a hard time at that time so that certainly was not helping my situation,due to frustration,out of frustration and depression I started my eating disorder because everything was going out of control, and the only thing I felt I had control of was my weight. I looked in the mirror cried every night times without number and there's no one to talk to, not happy with myself,I
got on the scale, disgusted! I started not to take my medicine that much or took as little as I could just for my sugars to get high in order to bring my weight down. It was just occasional the first few years. but,the 3rd year it got really bad to the point I rarely ever took my insulin at all. I started going into the hospital every month for a week for 11 months! Then by the 12th month I went into treatment for a month. I haven't acted on my ED since July of 2014. I still have my moment where I fight myself to take my insulin but I fight through it.
as a result  of bully shaming and stigmatization she undergo kelly is currently suffering from diabetes since the time she start fighting hard to reduce fat,now she's diabetic and  she needs,firstly;an immediate help on how to bring down her sugar level just to make sure she's fine;secondly,she want your respond to this shaming of fat people or bullying to stop.....so my point is,as a bully, have you thought  over the whole thing before you start fat shaming someone.she's advocating because she's been there.she felt, You don't know what they go through. You may know their name but she felt you don't know their story,all she's saying is Before you start putting someone down,try your best, step back ,look in the mirror  and make sure you're perfect before putting someone else down. OK rant over.
 and from our own view,we've come to know that,The issue of weight and size discrimination in the world has always and will always remain a knot.
But the question here is: Are fat people to be stigmatized ?. ...should people be judged by character or by weight????
.....Please do air your views.hd

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging people based on weight is ignorance gone on rampage.....

Anonymous said...

those who enjoys shaming other people are simply men and women with questionable characters....i think there should be a law defending the stigmatized in the society...

Anonymous said...

stigmatization,bully and shaming of fellow human-beings are demonic and those involved should be sanctioned by the law!!!

Anonymous said...

for her sugar level to come down,she needs stuffs like oatmeal,cinnamon etc...better still,she can get her healing instantly now by hooking up to winners on: http://www.davidoyedepoministries.org/mediacenter/ http://media.davidoyedepoministries.org/

Anonymous said...

The worst kind of stigmatization and shaming is when your family and peers who are supposed to stand by you deserts you,and that's what this lady has passed through....poor woman!....well such is life,but its bad that some families are the one casing havoc to loved ones than outsiders,it is very wrong!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stigmatization isn't good but if u r on a plus size,u need to cut down on food intake and lose weight

OO