Tuesday, November 4, 2014

[Poem of the week by BigViq] My Naija! My Pride!


As Nigeria experienced her independence 54 years last month its expedient to reflect on both past and present with all her struggles and pains ,joy and peace we stay strong believing in Naija-our pride.in this short poem by a covenant university student

My Naija! My Pride! 

With the sense of pride
I walk,
Like lions I roar,
My intense enthusiasm, fervency
Of you I such Ardor

My home, my inland
Her culture, her way of life
Inspired us with her homespun wisdom,
Such a great kingdom

Diverse ethnicity, tradition,
Beautiful sounds of rhythm,
Shekeres, kalengo, goge,
What lovely tune they play.
Through her sufferings and pain
Living in chains,
Insurrection, insurgence,
Innocent blood slain.

We will surmount our adversary
By living in peace and harmony
To serve with heart and might
 Love, strength and faith

One nation bound in freedom
Peace and unity.

No comments:

OO