Monday, December 1, 2014

meet this dying mother who says she feels more sorry for her friends than herself: Her story will make you see your life anew

Mum

Claire Wood, of Southend-on-Sea, Essex, was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer a year ago. Her friends have been a huge support throughout her illness. Around most people she has to put on a mask of coping but with them she is able to cry and laugh and share her thoughts and fears. But she is now concerned that their sorrow when she dies will burden them. She says: 'It's one of the unspoken consequences of my illness that I feel a grave responsibility for causing sadness and anxiety in my friends. I'd rather they did not mourn for me but simply accepted my gratitude and love and hopes for their future.' Pictured: Claire with her three-year-old daughter Jessica (left), with her friends Jo, Sandra and their girls Jessica, Madison and Darcy (centre) and by herself (right).

No comments:

OO