Monday, December 28, 2015

Inspirational: find out how much money best-selling author David Sedaris makes per day even though he found his success relatively late in life!



David Sedaris, the best-selling humorist, revealed he earns $2 million per year. 
Sedaris made the revelation on a podcast hosted by comedian Michael Ian Black. Sedaris is the best-selling author of 8 books, writes for The New Yorker, and does speaking tours around the country. 
During the podcast, Sedaris talked about doing book signings, and at his signings he gives people a lot of attention, talking to them about their lives. He asks somewhat invasive questions like how much they make, or how much they paid for their homes, because he thinks it's amusing.
Black used that as an opportunity to ask him how much he makes in a year,to our greatest surprise here's what he said plus how he turned millionaire by doing a very simple thing in a big way,stay with us for full details after the cut
"I always wanted somebody to ask me that question," said Sedaris. "Then I realized, gosh, you can't really answer it."
After a pause, Sedaris said, "I make ... uhh... " and then, almost in a whisper, "I make, like, $2 million a year."
David Sedaris
He explained where his money comes from: "I go on these tours, I feel like I am on tour 6 months out of the year. Then I have royalty checks, and then if I have a book, they pay you in installments."
Black asked him how he feels about it. 
"I feel great about, I feel absolutely great about it." funny enough,Sedaris found his success relatively late in life.According to source, He went to art school and bummed around the country before being discovered by Ira Glass of "This American Life" in his mid-thirties.

He started doing humorous stories about his life on public radio, which led to book deals, which lead to his wealth. 
He said that when he was in his late 20s to early 30s, $200 was a lot of money for him when he was doing odd jobs. That probably helps give him perspective on his unbelievable success.
You can listen to the full show below. He talks about his earnings around the 32 minute mark.

No comments:

OO