1. To drop bloat five days before a big event, stay away from dairy and whole grains, which can do a number on the digestive system.
2. While fake designer bags are a huge don’t, fake diamond studs are a huge do. Faux stones are hard to spot to the untrained eye.
3. Dressy occasions aren’t the time to play with trends, so know your silhouette and stick to it to always look your best.
4. Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press....SEE MORE AFTER THE JUMP
5. If you get wax on a piece of clothing, layer wax paper over the hardened wax and then run an iron over it to loosen it up. Once you pull off the paper, the wax should come right out with it.
6. Pour a dash of vodka into vase water to extend the life of your flowers.
7. Shopping for a wedding dress or another big – event outfit? Head to the store with makeup on, proper undergarments, and your hair semi-done to get a better sense of how it will look.
8. Double-stick tape work to shorten a hem in a pinch if you can’t get to the tailor before an event.
9. Blot, don’t rub, when you spill something on your clothes. Wiping or rubbing will actually further input the stain into the weave.
10. Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain.
11. To clean dirt off suede, remove the crust from a piece of bread and allow it to become stale. Gently rub dirt and stains with the edge of the stale bread, and they’ll disappear. To de-scuff suede, use an
eraser or nail file.