Wednesday, September 30, 2015

'We Have To Raise Our Own Bars' Michelle Obama & Charlize Theron,Advice To Young Girls

no title
Charlize Theron and Michelle Obama teamed up to deliver some amazing advice at Glamour's The Power of an Educated Girl event in New York. Considering the two are both strong women and have daughters, we think they were the perfect choice for the speaking engagement!
Related: Jessica Biel Launches Online Sex Ed Classes!
The inspiring duo, who both aim to increase young girls access to education, strongly advised the audience to forgo a boy's attention for personal empowerment
.

In fact, Michelle joked that if she cared about what other people thought, she wouldn't be married to the President of the Untied States today! Obama said:
"Let's just be clear you don't want to be with a boy that's too stupid to know you're a smart, young lady and I want to encourage all of us as young women, as older women, we have to raise our own bars, you will not be successful hanging around people who drag you down. There is no boy at this age that is cute enough or interesting enough to stop you from getting your education. If I worried about who liked me and who thought I was cute when I was your age, I wouldn't be married to the President of the United States."
Preach, girl! All too often women give up their dreams for men!
Theron echoed the mom of two's statement, adding:
"There is nothing sexier than a smart woman. We have been told to live by a certain mold, especially women, and it's time to break it and it's up to us to do that. Stop waiting for men to do that, look in the mirror and see yourself and say I am sexy, I am attractive, I am smart, I am intelligent, I am powerful, I have a voice, I look cute in these jeans. Yes, I don't have long hair, I have short hair but I am still a girl and I'm still hot."
Woot! The actress definitely knows what she's talking about, especially since she's raising two kids solo! Not to mention the gorgeous gal has been involved in women's right organizations for years.
Hopefully these two pair up again sooner than later — women need all the influential advocates they can get!

No comments:

OO