Sports psychologist Costas Karageorghis thinks of music as a “legal drug” to help boost exercise.
In an interview with ESPN, he recommends looking for music with the right beat, emotive message and ones you associate with good things (the so-called “Rocky theme music effect”) that can also help you block out the pain of exercising.
Here is his January 2015 workout playlist
1. Sing - Ed Sheeran
2. Heroes - (Alesso)
3 Let’s Go - Calvin Harris
4. Lips Are Movin - Meghan Trainor
5. Dare - Shakira
6. Don’t Stop - 5 Seconds of Summer
7. American Beauty/American Psycho - Fall Out Boy
8. Changing - Sigma, Paloma Faith
9. Bang Bang - Jessie J/Arianna Grande, Nicki Minaj
10. Marilyn Monroe - Pharrell Williams
You can see more of Karageorghis’ playlistsHERE